TDI Decompression Procedures Diver Course
Frog Dive generally offers this course in conjunction with the TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver Course for those divers wanting to really learn all about the benefits of using higher concentrations of Nitrox for staged decompression dives.
The Decompression Procedures program trains you in the planning and conduct of staged decompression using the most common equipment requirements, gear set-ups, decompression techniques and decompression mixtures (incl oxygen & nitrox) to a depth of 45m.
When combined with TDI Advanced Nitrox this program is ideal for those divers who are already conducting deeper dives, but want to better understand staged decompression using nitrox as a decompression gas, particularly when diving the deeper wrecks off Sydney.
The Advanced Nitrox program will train you in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures for using EAN 21 through 100% (oxygen) for dives to 4om (up to 45m when combined with Deco Procedures). You will need to provide all your own dive equipment, including cylinders and stage regs.
TDI Decompression Procedures Diver Course – Cost
- Training Fee (combined Adv Nitrox & Deco Procedures) – $1295
- Advanced Nitrox (only) – $395
- Decompression Procedures (only) – $1095
2014 Course dates:
2015 Course dates:
15th January, 28th May, 27th August, 26th November
If you are not Nitrox qualified, you will need to complete one evening of basic nitrox theory prior to commencing this programme as your first two dives on the course will be using nitrox as a bottom gas. This program is for experienced divers, not novices.
Download the Combined Adv Nitrox & Deco Course Flyer here.
Many student doing this course are also interested in completing the SDI Solo Diver Course. When booked in conjunction with either the Adv Nitrox or Deco course this program is offered at a special price of only $250 ($225 for Team Members). Ask for more details when booking!
Divers wishing to participate in the Deco Procedures program must:
- Be a minimum age of 18
- Be a certified Nitrox Diver (up to 40%) (If also doing TDI Advanced Nitrox)
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Diver, or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 25 logged dives
- Sign the applicable TDI Waiver & Release form
Note: Frog Dive recommends that students are already PADI Deep qualified (or equivalent) with 10 dives over 30m.
Student Dive Equipment
You will need:
- Mask, snorkel, fins and boots
- Appropriate insulation
- Dive cylinders
- BCD which has enough lift for twin cylinders
- 2 Regulators with primary 2nd stage and SPG
- 2 bottom timers/Dive Computers
- 1 torch
- Surface Marker Buoy
- Reel with minimum of 50m of 2mm line
- Slate & pencil
- Stage bottle nitrox (5lt recommended)
- Deco Stops vs Safety Stops
- Decompression Options
- Equipment Considerations
- Dive Tables vs Computers
- Dive Planning
- Dive Procedures
- Fixed & Drifting Deco Methods
- All training packs
- All boat dives (4 dives for Deco, 6 when combined with Adv Nitrox)
- All air & nitrox fills
- Certification through TDI when course training objectives are successfully achieved.
- A rewarding experience
Note: If you are looking at doing this course using Sidemounts we recommend that you complete the TDI Sidemount Diver Course beforehand.