Underwater Photography Course
Digital Underwater Photography Course
The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course is two-part introduction to digital underwater photography centered around point-and-shoot digital cameras. The course will develop your knowledge, skills and practical techniques. The course is a really good start for brand new photographers as well as those who have had a camera for a while but just want to take some better shots.
All of the above photos were taken on a compact camera.
What Equipment do I need?
You need a camera! This might be a point and shoot camera or a compact camera in a housing, with or without an external flash (a Strobe). Bring your manual if you have it.
You also need a computer or other device for downloading and backing up images and a device (other than the camera) suitable for viewing digital images. Ideally you will have a laptop (Mac or Windows) with a card reader. Better still some form of image processing software that will allow you to enhance your images is ideal BUT not required.
For the practical sessions you’ll need your Snorkelling or your SCUBA gear…the lessons are practical, in water, sessions with relatively little classroom work.
What do we cover?
We will cover the basics of Digital Underwater Photography including Composure, Lighting, Colour, Focussing, Environmental impact as well as some basic editing of your photographs to make them even better.
- Self-paced review of the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer material.
- An evening session on a weekday from 6pm- 9pm (maximum 3 hours)
- 2 dives on a Saturday followed by a classroom session to process your images (full day)
- Be a Certified Diver at any level.
- An underwater camera, if you haven’t got a camera, one can be hired at reasonable rates (pre booking essential).
Course Dates 2016
- 16 March and 18 March (Thursday evening and all day Saturday)
- 13 April and 15 April (Thursday evening and all day Saturday)
Underwater Photography Courses require a minimum of 2 candidates.
One on one programs are run on demand.
- Minimum 2 People – $350.00 per person
- One On One (On demand) – $495.00 per person