PADI Divemaster Course
The PADI Divemaster Course is the gateway to becoming a recreational diving professional, and as such sets the foundation for your development as a dive professional.
The PADI Divemaster Course is an important step in the development of your diving skills and knowledge and is designed to prepare you for taking additional responsibility with other divers, in training or non-training activities. By the completion of the PADI Divemaster Course, you will have instructor level diving skills and understanding of diving theory.
The course expands the problem solving skills developed during the PADI Rescue Diver program, from accident management and prevention scenarios to supervisory situations with student divers and certified divers. At the Divemaster level, problem solving emphasises looking for as many possible solutions under the circumstances and choosing the best of several. Divemaster problem solving may include more than safety-related issues, and includes handling customer service, business and operational challenges.
To qualify to enter the PADI Divemaster course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification.
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or have a qualifying certification.
- Have completed and logged at least 50 dives.
- Be at least 18 years old at the start of PADI Divemaster training.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months.
- Submit proof of Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) training (or other qualifying CPR/first aid training)
within the last 24 months.
The following materials are included in the Divemaster Crew Pack that is supplied as part of your PADI Divemaster Course.
- PADI Dive Mater online theory
- Divemaster Slates
- Instructor Guides for programs PADI Divemasters may conduct:
- Discover Scuba Diving;
- Discover Snorkeling /Skin Diver Course; and,
- Scuba Review/Discover Local Diving
- RDP – table and eRDPML including associated Instructions for Use booklets)
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
2017 Course Dates
13th January, 7thd April, 7th July, 20th October
The cost is $1495
When you pay your $500 deposit, you will receive:
- PADI on line divemaster course
- PADI Divemaster Slate Set
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Encyclopedia Work Book
- Frog Dive T Shirt
- Divemaster on-line training
Prior to starting Divemaster training you must complete your Rescue Diver course. Your Divemaster program is then conducted over three weekends learning and practising the skills of divemastering. The final weekend involves you in the store working with new dive students, and gaining hands on experience with cylinder filling and gear handling as well as conducting divemaster duties either aboard the dive boat Omega 2, or at our Dive Team Day.