The most popular PADI specialty course. Scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives.
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. With this training you will learn to dive gases mixtures from 22 to 40% oxygen using a Nitrox-programmable dive computer.
During a practical session you will:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analysing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
Through PADI on-line training program, you can complete most of the required academic study in the comfort and convenience of your home or office.
After you finish the theory section you will be required to complete a practical session at shop. There are no dives on this course, however you will have a practical assessment in-store. When at the shop, we will need about one hour of your time. During this time, we will discuss a knowledge review, show you how Nitrox mixes are made & considerations with gear and take part in a practical application session to get hands-on experience with oxygen analysers and dive computers settings.
Practical sessions are done every second Tuesday of the month from 6pm to about 7pm. If these dates don't work for you, just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9958 5699 and we can organise a more suitable time.
- Student need to be at least 12 years old
- Hold PADI Open Water Diver (or Junior Open Water Certification) or equivalent
- PADI Enriched Air Diver E-Learning
- PADI Instructor tuition and administrative fees
- PADI Enriched Air Diver International Certification E-Card upon completion of the program
What to bring
- E-Learning completion certificate on the start of the practical session