Be a leader who mentors and motivates others. Gain dive knowledge, supervision skills and become a role model to other divers around the world.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills and refine your rescue skills so you can anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
By the completion of the PADI Divemaster Course, you will have instructor level diving skills and understanding of diving theory.
What you will Learn
The course expands the problem solving skills developed during the Rescue Diver program, from accident management & prevention scenarios to supervisory situations with student and certified divers. Divemaster problem solving includes more than safety-related issues, and includes handling customer service, diving logistics and business & operational challenges.
The program is conducted over three weeks period, but it depends on the students and how much effort you will put to have the course done within this time frame.
There are several requirements for the completion of the course, including many dives and activities that you will have to organise and do without the instructor’s supervision, but instead in partnership with your classmates.
You will have hands on experience in guiding dives, supervisory skills during courses, store management and customer service.
- 18 years or older
- Hold a PADI Rescue Certificationor equivalent
- Hold a current (within 24 months) Emergency First Response / First Aid Certification or equivalent
- Hold current (within 12 months) Medical Clearance certificate completed by a diving doctor
- At least 40 logged dives at the start of the course and 60 logged dives for completion of the course
- On a Divemaster level you are expected to provide your own dive gear. If you still don’t have it, we can organize something. Get in touch with us to enquiry about the special discounts on diving gear packages we offer to our Divemaster candidates
- Provide transport to/from dive sites
- PADI Divemaster Pack: Dive Master online theory, Divemaster Manual, Divemaster slates, RDP - table and eRDPML, Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving and PADI shoulder bag
- Take advantage of the whole dive shop structure available: guided dives, assist on diving courses, learn hands on how to organize dive events, etc. Gain real world experience
- Be part of the Frog Dive Family: have a whole group of experienced divemasters and instructors that are happy to help you with whatever you need
- Unlimited use of the pool for skills practice (schedule dependent)
- PADI Instructor tuition and administrative fees
- PADI Divemaster wall certificate & International Certification Card upon completion of the program
- Work opportunity: if we all enjoy working together, we are more than happy to offer work opportunity to our Divemasters! We know that you had the best training and we will be looking forward to keep you in the family!
What's NOT Included
Upon the completion of the course, to be an Active PADI Divemaster you will need to pay for your PADI membership and dive insurance. This is a yearly fee to be paid straight to PADI, Frog Dive merely acts as a facilitator during your registration.
What to bring
- E-Learning completion certificates on the start of the course
- Personal accessories like: swimmers, towel, food& drinks, change of clothes, etc
- Full set of scuba gear. Besides the basics, it’s required of a professional diver to always have a dive knife, SMB & reel, dive torch and compass
- Transport to/from dive site