The TDI Air Diluent Closed Circuit Rebreather Diver Course for the Hollis Prism 2 CCR is the entry level certification course for divers wishing to learn about how to use and/or purchase the Hollis Prism 2 Rebreather.
The objective of the course is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures for diving a Prisim 2 CCR and to develop basic diving skills to a maximum of 30 metres / 100 feet using air as a diluent. No decompression diving is allowed on this course.
The skills include:
Intact breathing loop verification
Electronic self test
Proper maintenance of the unit
Divers need to be Nitrox qualified, however this can be included as part of the course (see below). Divers already qualified as TDI Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedure Divers, or equivalent are able to jump right in to the TDI Air Diluent Decompression Procedures Course for the Prism 2 CCR.
The Prism2 is a fully closed circuit unit that will grow with you to, ideal for exploring the open ocean, cave, or wrecks. This unit can be electronically or manually controlled which means you choose how you want the loop PPO2 maintained.
Includes shoulder mounted counter or back mounted lungs and rear mounted radial scrubber which provide easy breathing with low resistive effort and low hydrostatic loading. The Prism 2 has also been tested by ANSTI at 100M and has the lowest WOB of any mixed gas CCR on the market at 0.94 J/L.
The dive is fully managed by on-board computers, it runs three sensor voting, constantly monitoring oxygen levels, and dive information recorded in the Shearwater Petrel. The hand-held control unit displays depth, cylinder pressure, and oxygen concentration.
The Prism 2 rebreather training is conducted over 5 days.
The program has an online component to be completed prior the classes start, this will be provided upon our booking.
The confined water section is done on our in-store heated training pool for your comfort and safety.
A Minimum of 420 minutes of Open Water training is required for the successful completion of the course, and it is done over a minimum of 7 dives with a maximum depth of 30 metres/100 feet, including two boat dives on the Ex-HMAS Adelaide.
- Diver needs to be 18 years old or older
- Sign Medical Questionnaire and seek medical clearance if required
- Certified Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Certified Enriched Air Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Proof of a minimum of 20 Open Water dives
- TDI Air Diluent CCR on-line diver manual
- TDI Air Diluent CCR Diver Certification Card
- Oxygen Fills
- Diluent & Bailout Air fills
- Pool dive x1
- Shore dives x5 (6-18m)
- Double Boat dives on the Ex-HMAS Adelaide (20-30m)
What's Not Included
- Poseidon Se7en Rebreather - Hire available for $600 for the duration of the course, booking essential
- Sofnolime CO2 Sorb
- CCR dive computer, or bottom timer and depth gauge
- Personal Diving Gear - e.g. mask, fins, exposure suit, weights, etc
- Suitable line-cutting device
- Dive slate and pencil
- Reel with a minimum of 40 metres / 130 feet of line
- Lift bag / Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB)
- Access to Oxygen Analyzer
- Bailout stage bottle & regulator