Your first step toward discovering why freediving is such a popular way to explore beneath the waves. No previous freediving experience is required.
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking Frog Dive’s PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course, you need be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch
- Confined water session to learn breath hold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 meters.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal -constant weight freedive of 10 meters.
PADI Freediver Course includes:
- PADI Freediver Touch eLearning theory (complete your theory at home)
- Maximum Student to Instructor Ratio for all training 4:1
- 1-day Theory & Confined water training in our onsite heated pool (9am-4pm)
- 1-day Ocean training (8am-4pm) all done at a Sydney location
- Set of entry-level Freediving fins (Pelagic Spirit )
- All tuition with PADI Freediving Instructor
- Certification as a PADI Freediver
In the PADI Freediver course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel, and fins, and may also use a wetsuit and weight belt. Using gear designed specifically for freediving is best, however, in this freediving course, you can use any snorkelling equipment you already own. Mask, snorkel & wetsuit are available for hire but this is scuba gear and you may find it harder to meet the performance requirements in hire gear as it is not specific freediving equipment.
Book your Freediving course online and get the PADI Freediver Touch app for your phone or tablet. The Touch app is an interactive study tool that gives you the background information you need to freedive safely and allows you to learn at your own pace. Your Frog Dive PADI Freediver Instructor will check on your progress and make sure you understand important freediving information so you are well prepared to safely enjoy the practical side of learning to freedive with Frog Dive.