Sidemount Diver Course
Ever wanted to take the weight of your cylinders off your back? Maybe you have wanted to add an extra cylinder for safety, or want to use twins but be able to take one off as you get out of the water? You may even want to start down the road of wreck or cave penetration…or just want to try something different. Well….Sidemount Diving may be just what you need.
The PADI Sidemount Diver Course trains you how to utilise sidemount cylinders as an alternative to traditional back mount cylinders.
The PADI Sidemount Diver Course is a 3 dive program designed to allow you to gain experience in setting up and diving with sidemounted cylinders for traditioinal open water sport & recreational diving.
Sidemount Diver Course – Cost
- PADI Sidemount (4 dives, incl 2 boat dive) – $495
Course dates 2018:
Divers wishing to participate in the Sidemount program must:
- Be a minimum age of 18
- Be a certified PADI Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Sign the applicable PADI Waiver & Release form
Note: Frog Dive recommends that students wanting to do Advanced Nitrox & Decompresion Procedures using sidenount complete the PADISidemount Course beforehand.
Student Dive Equipment
You will need:
- Mask, snorkel, fins & boots
- Appropriate insulation
- Dive cylinders
- Sidemount BCD which has enough lift for twin cylinders
- 2 Regulators with primary 2nd stage and spg
- 1 bottom timers/Dive Computers
- 1 torch
- Surface Marker Buoy & Reel
- Gas matching
- Gas management for independent cylinders
- Physiological Considerationbs
- Equipment Considerations
- Problem Solving
- Tight Spaces
- Water Entries
- s-Drills for Sidemount
- All training packs
- 2 shore dives and 1 Boat Dive
- All air fills
- Certification through PAFI when course training objectives are successfully achieved.
- A rewarding experience