TDI Hollis Explorer Sports Rebreather
Silent Diving …..No Visible Bubbles…..Closer interaction with Marine Life…..Longer Bottom Times…..Less deco….Warm moist recycled air. Does all this sound exciting? If so the Hollis Explorer Sports Rebreather may well be for you….
The Hollis Explorer is a true recreational Rebreather. The unit is neither a fully closed circuit Rebreather nor a pure semi-closed system. An intelligent hybrid that utilizes the best of both worlds, it’s compact, lightweight and extremely easy to use.
The Explorer is uses a single Nitrox tank and is electronically controlled to achieve an optimal balance of PPO2 and dive time.
Plug and Play absorbent cartridges, easy guided setup with go or no go, CO2 tracking, and up to 2 hour dive duration make this a dream for any recreational diver.
Experience the benefits of breathing warm gas, extend your bottom time, produce significantly less bubbles and see more sea life than ever before.
The Hollis Explorer appeals to the recreational diver because it’s easy to use, has an integrated jacket-style BCD, back mounted counter lungs and uses EAN. The electronics guide the diver through the start-up procedure with prompts to evacuate the loop, turn on the supply gas and pre-breathe. The Explorer senses the negative loop test, analyses the gas and performs a positive loop test. Setting up the rebreather and getting it ready to dive takes no more than about 10 – 15 minutes.
The wrist-mounted computer displays current depth, elapsed dive time and remaining dive time based on the controlling resource (NDL, gas supply, filter time). For the more advanced rebreather diver, additional dive information including PO2 may be displayed with the push of a button.
Unit comes supplied ready to dive, including cylinder and BC.
Hollis Explorer Course
- Hollis Explorer and Training Package – $8750 (plus consumables) includes CO2 sensor
- Hollis Explorer course only – $1195(plus consumables)(includes online training)
- Hollis Explorer Rebreather for hire for course – $450 (does not include consumables)
- SDI Nitrox Program (if not already a Nitrox Diver) – $195
Try dives available no charge at our Willoughby Scuba Centre at 6:00pm
All try dives are a Wednesday evening starting at 6pm
July 3d, August 22nd, October 24th.
Learn to dive the Hollis Explorer Rebreather with John Warner. John is one of the first instructors TDI trained in Australia.
Scrubber thermal monitoring and CO2 sensing assures good gas in the breathing loop
PPO2 intelligently controlled for a proper balance of PP02 and bottom time
Automated dive data logging
Back mounted counterlungs with streamlined cover to offer good protection
Modular component design makes it easy to setup and clean
Choice of BC: either traditional Jacket or Back inflate style
Nitrox Electronically Controlled Hybrid – uses readily available Nitrox in 32-40%
Simple user interface is easy to learn and easy to dive
Automated Pre-dive Setup assures the Explorer is prepared for the dive
Automated Breathing Loop control gives minimal bubbling and hydrostatically controlled bouyancy
Bail-out mouthpiece gives a quick one handed operation from closed circuit to open circuit
Simple Green or Red primary display
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent .
- Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver, or equivalent, may be combined in program at the discretion of the instructor .
- If student has less than 25 logged dives, a mandatory one hour confined session is required
You will need:
- Complete Hollis Explorer Sports Rebreather (can be hired)
- Mask, snorkel, fins & boots
- Wetsuit/dry suit
- 1 torch
- Surface Marker Buoy & Reel
- Pony Bottle/Bailout Cylinder & Regulator.
- History and Evolution of Rebreathers
- Comparison & benefits to Open Circuit, SCR & CCR
- Practical Mechanics of a Rebreather
- Gas Physiology
- Scrubber Packing (TDI course only)
- Electronic Manual Features – Design and Maintenance
- Emergency Procedures
- Automatic Pre-Dive Test
- Pool and at least 4 Open Water dives over no less than 2 days.
- All training packs
- On-line training through TDI
- All Shore dives and Boat Dives
- Certification through TDI when course training objectives are successfully achieved.
- A rewarding experience
Download the Hollis Explorer booking form here.