The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course is your ticket to the realms of working as a PADI Pro. Live the dream and take your passion of Scuba Diving, and be a Dive Professional! You can start the journey right now, at the comfort of you home.
You can get started immediately with the knowledge development portion of the course and work at your own pace using the PADI eLearning® system. This convenient, interactive study option allows you to learn anytime and anywhere!
The PADI eLearning lets you:
- Learn by watching, listening, reading and interacting with a dynamic instructional program;
- Access the material for 24 months, plus gain unlimited access to an online version of the course manual;
- Contact Frog Dive at anytime you have a question about what you’re learning, we are here to help!
- Get in the water quickly – applying what you’ve learned – when you meet with your PADI Instructor for the practical sessions
Pay for only half of the course now and gain access to the PADI E-Learning! When time is convenient, pay for the other half and book your practical sessions.
How does the course work?
You’ll be introduced to topics on PADI standards and procedures, business aspects of diving, risk management and other areas that will assist in your preparation for becoming a professional dive instructor.
As an instructor, it's expected you have extensive knowledge of diving theory. Dive Theory eLearning is a comprehensive overview of dive physics, dive physiology, dive skills, environmental considerations, dive equipment, and decompression theory and the Recreational Dive Planner (RDP).
The theory study is extensive and thorough, it does demand time and focus. Get it started now and be ready for when you book your practical sessions!
To enrol on the PADI IDC you must meet the following criteria:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster (or equivalent)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have logged at least 100 dives & show proof of deep, night & navigation dives (we can help you add any dives you need to meet these criteria)
- Submit a medical statement signed by a diving physician dated within past 12 months
- Submit proof of CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months. (If you haven’t taken a CPR and First Aid course within the last 24 months you can take PADI Emergency First Response with us before your IDC)
What are the prerequisites for the IE (Instructors Exam)?
To be able to take the PADI Instructor Exam (IE) you need to have completed an IDC and logged at least 100 dives (you’ll do at least 10 dives during your Instructor course so as long as you have 90 at the start of your IDC it’s enough).