Take the kids for an adventure of a life time!
It's never too early to find your passion, bring the kids to learn how to dive and open up a whole new world to explore! Kids 12 years or older can became a certified Junior Open Water diver.
The course for the kids is the same as for adults. The difference for a junior certification is that the child need to go diving with a parent/guardian or divemaster and the maximum certification depth is 12 meters (as oppose to 18 meters for a Full Open Water Certification).
After the diver reaches 15 years of age, they can apply for a Full Open Water Certification. No new course is needed. They only need to provide a current photo, which can be taken at the shop when applying for the new certification and pay a "New Dive Card" fee ($65).
The PADI Open Water Diver Course is conducted regularly all year round. There is a wide range of date options that you can chose from and select what best suits you. Please go to Learn How to Dive to find out more.
How does the course work?
Prior the practical sessions, the kid will need to complete the knowledge development portion, that is done online with PADI eLearning. Please remember to allow time for that! It's not hard content, but instead new and it demands a bit of attention. Estimated study time is 8 to 10 hours.
The first day of the course kicks off with a pool session in our heated in-store dive training pool. It's a great opportunity to comfortably and safely learn and practice all the required skills and slowly build up the confidence for the Open Water dives.
On days two & three of the program the kid will have the opportunity to complete four ocean dives. The Open Water dives usually happen at Clifton Garden (Mosman) and Shelly Beach (Manly), with heaps of marine life for enjoyment and fun while conducting the diving training.
- Student need to be at least 12 years old
- Complete the diving Medical Questionnaire and seek medical clearance if required
- Provide transport to/from dive sites. We can assist with carpooling if necessary.
- PADI Open Water Diver E-Learning pass and logbook
- FREE Diving boots for your comfort and hygiene
- FREE Gear Hire
- Unlimited pool training sessions (schedule dependent) & four ocean dives
- PADI Instructor tuition and administrative fees
- PADI International Certification E-Card upon completion of the programme
- Sausage Sizzle lunch on day 1
What to bring
- E-Learning completion certificate on the start of practical sessions
- Towel and swimmers
- Dry & comfortable clothes for after training sessions
- Personal accessories for a beach day like hat, sunscreen, tongs, etc
- Food and drink for ocean dive days
For those passionate about freediving, a range of equipment, including freediving fins, low-volume masks, specialised wetsuits, and innovative breath-holding training aids, is readily available for purchase, allowing enthusiasts to elevate their underwater exploration and breath-holding skills.