Learn to prevent and manage problems in the water and become more confident in your skills as a diver. It's a challenging course, yet very rewarding!
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you will learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills.
One of the most mind & physically challenging course, it’s also an incredibly rewarding and enjoyable programme. The theory is done on-line via E-Learning, and practical session over one discussion evening and two days weekend diving.
Friday Evening Discussion:
The course commences on a Friday evening at 6:00pm at Frog Dive Scuba centre. Meet your buddies & instructor, discuss your knowledge reviews and get ready for the weekend.
Saturday & Sunday:
Be ready for a weekend of practical activities as you train to be a rescue diver! Expect to spend a lot of your weekend in the water performing rescue skills and scenarios. Remember to stay alert when at the dive site... you never know where you will need to rely on your rescue skills!
The practical training involves:
- Water Skills Review
- EAR & CPR Review
- Self-Rescue skills
- Diver Assists & Rescues
- Rescue skills scenarios
- Accident Management
- Emergency Plan
- 15 years or older
- Hold a PADI Advanced Open Water Certificationor equivalent
- Hold an Emergency First Response / First AidCertification or equivalent (book with your rescue course and save!)
- Complete the diving Medical Questionnaire and seek medical clearance if required
- Provide transport to/from dive sites. Don’t have a car? We can assist with carpooling if necessary
- FREE Gear Hire
- PADI Rescue Diver E-Learning pass
- PADI Instructor tuition and administrative fees
- PADI Rescue Diver International Certification E-Card upon completion of the programme
What to bring
- E-Learning completion certificate
- Towel and swimmers
- Dry & comfortable clothes for after training sessions
- Personal accessories for a beach day like hat, sunscreen, tongs, etc
- Food and drink for ocean dive days
- Transport to/from dive site
Don't have your First Aid Certificate?
Let us organise that for you! Book the EFR course and Rescue Diver together for $650, valued at $670 when booked separately.