One of a divers biggest challenges is working out where we are underwater. This challenge is is easy to overcome, as navigation is an easy skill to learn if you receive the appropriated training
The PADI Underwater Navigation Course is ideal for newly certified divers, or divers who are sick of getting lost.
The aim of the Underwater Navigation program is to:
- Develop your practical knowledge of underwater navigation
- To enable you to enjoy more your diving using navigational skills
- To increase your diving confidence, by taking the stress out of being able to navigate underwater
Navigation is a practical skill, for that reason we will spend the day diving in putting the theory in use. There are a total of three dives on the PADI Underwater Navigation course. By the end of the day you will surprise yourself with your new found diving skills, as well as your added comfort in the water.
You will need full scuba gear and compass, that can be picked up at the store on the day prior the diving if required. Theory study must be done prior the Ocean session via PADI Navigation Manual, provided upon booking.
Course usually happens on a Sunday every couple of months, but if these dates don't work for you just email email@example.com and we can organise a suitable schedule.
- Measuring distance underwater: “kick cycles”
- Compass use—reciprocal swim
- Surface and u/w compass use
- Introduction to square navigation patter
- Underwater navigating patterns: square & hollow U’s
- Fixing an underwater feature at the surface for relocation
- Underwater orienteering exercise
- Draw a map of underwater area
- 12 years or older
- Hold a PADI Open Water Certification or equivalent
- Complete the diving Medical Questionnaire and seek medical clearance if required
- Provide transport to/from dive sites
- FREE Gear Hire
- PADI Underwater Navigation Manual
- PADI Instructor tuition and administrative fees
- PADI Underwater Navigator Diver International Certification Card upon completion of the programme
What to bring
- Knowledge reviews completed on PADI Manual
- Towel and swimmers
- Dry & comfortable clothes for after training sessions
- Personal accessories for a beach day like hat, sunscreen, tongs, etc
- Food and drink for surface intervals
- Transport to/from dive site