Our COVID-19 Response
Updated: Tuesday, 1st August 2020
Frog Dive is committed to doing everything that is reasonably practicable to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19 for our customers & staff.
If you are might be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have being in contact with someone with the infection or are unsure of you health status, please use the Australian Government Symptom Checker Online Tool.
We strongly suggest that everybody download the COVIDSafe App.
Actions That We Are Taking to protect you:
❗️Courses, Boat Dives & Shore dives:
- Diving courses are running on reduced capacity of maximum of 6 students per course;
- Due to its close proximity nature, the Rescue Diver course is not available until further notice;
- For the courses that have E-Learning component, there is a period of 24 months after purchase to schedule classes, free of charge;
- Shore dives will be limited to a maximum of 10 divers per group;
- Boat dives will have a maximum of 7 divers & 2 crew members;
- Hire Regulators are being cleaned and disinfected with Steramine, a powerful and safe sanitiser. Please follow staff directions when hiring gear;
- Hired Regulators will be fitted with a brand-new mouth piece to all customers free of charge;
- Wetsuits, BCDs, Weight Belts, fins and all other gear available for hire are being cleaned with disinfectant shampoo;
- Mask & Snorkels will no longer be available for hire. We have discounted Mask & Snorkel sets available at a starting price of $49 that are suitable for diving and snorkelling;
❗️Shop & Retail Section:
- A temperature check is done on each customer upon arrival at the shop;
- A sign up sheet (name and phone number) is available and every customer is required to input his/her personal information upon arrival at the shop;
- Soap for hand washing and alcohol gel are provided around the shop/classrooms for your convenience and safety, please sanitise your hands regularly;
- Classrooms are for staff and students only;
- Gear from the retail section that is tried on/touched by customers is thoroughly sanitised prior be put back in the shop;
- Staff are required to use sanitising cleaners on frequently touched surfaces, like tanks, door handles and rails, counters and retail spaces, electronic devices including payment terminal and any workplace amenities;
❗️Our Expectations of All Divers:
- Divers must not attend any dive activity or go to the shop if they are sick at all or have flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath);
- While gearing up for dives/classes, customers should avoid physical contact and maintain at least 1.5 metres distance from staff and other people;
- Each diver is responsible for making sure physical distancing is observed at all times where possible in the shop and on boat, avoid handshakes (or any other close physical contact), gear yourselves up and conduct checks without physical contact from others if possible;
Your assistance in complying with these measures is required to protect our staff and other divers and allow for continuing diving operations.
For more information:
- NSW Health How to Protect your Customers and Staff
- SafeWork Australia Covid 19 Important Information
- AMSA Safely Operating a Domestic Commercial Vehicle During the Covid 19 Period
You can also check out the EPA's diving safety manual for its guidelines on decontaminating scuba equipment.
If you would like any further information on what you need to do and steps that you may individually take as a diver, please contact RiskMitigation@DAN.org.
Frog Dive is committed to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. We are adhering to all preventative measures recommended by health organisations.